I took a break from the Online Life (blogging, Facebook, Twitter) to get a few things done. Which I did. It was a productive break. I read a lot and wrote a lot, too. There will be a burst of blog posts for the next week then a short break until January when I will be online for a large chunk of time every day.
While I was offline the past few months,
- There was some redecorating here on the blog. What do you think of the new layout? WordPress is constantly adding new themes. It’s one of the many reasons I like WordPress so much.
- I survived my first season as an assistant coach for my son’s first grade soccer team. Did I mention I knew very little about soccer before the season started? It was a fun for me and my son, and I got to meet a great group of kids and their parents.
- My sister and brother-in-law celebrated the birth of their first child, a beautiful girl named Vivian.
- So all those different songs were by the same band? Foster the People? Cool. And The Pack A.D. kick ass.
- Penn State officials ignored cases of sexual abuse by one of its own.
- OWS is now a nationally-recognized acronym.
- The first Big Snow of the season arrived yesterday, closing the local schools, and even knocking out power for a few hours. Our kids were very happy.
- Here’s a random link: The Top 10 Relationship Words That Aren’t Translatable Into English
My favorite of these is the Norwegian word Forelsket.